Healthcare is one of the largest industries in India. The industry is growing at a rapid pace. This is because of increasing population, dynamic lifestyle, medical tourism, increasing health insurance penetration, more disposable income etc. All of this implies a good potential in the coming future for the healthcare industries.
Improving operational efficiency in hospitals can be very much beneficial for long term. Implementation of IT enabled tools can result in electronic health records which will help patient and hospital alike. A lot of administrative time will be saved through IT implementation.
The mega trends driving healthcare are:
- Complying with regulatory changes
- Meaningful use of existing mandates
- Improving clinical outcomes
- Transformation and modernization of legacy systems
- Increased focus on the customer
- Increasing operational efficiency
- Integrated care management
- Bending the cost curve of healthcare